photo google_zps0e96b4e4.png  photo pinterest_zps2f2273e7.png  photo intagram_zps20fd0da0.png  photo youtube_zps5db430e2.png  photo bloglovin_zps46f29f73.png  photo twitter_zps11cdb30c.png

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Paler Than Pale

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I have always struggled to find foundations that are light enough for my skin tone. MAC's NC/NW 15 is way too dark. Anything that Boots or Superdrug sell doesn't come close. I also have the added problem of oily/acne prone skin. Therefore I need a liquid foundation that is oil free has good coverage and  is long lasting.

I am currently trying out 3 new foundations.

Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation SPF 15 in Alabaster

This foundation is a good colour match for me however it only gives a light to medium coverage. It's oil free which is great but it feels more like a tinted moisturiser than a foundation.

Illamasqua RF 115 For very light skin with neutral undertones

I visited the Illamasqua counter to ask advice on which foundation to get and came away with this. I told her I had oily and acne prone skin and required a foundation that gave a good coverage and lasted all day. I must say that the colour match isn't bad, it could even be a tad too light. However, this is one seriously heavy foundation. I'm used to wearing a full coverage foundation but this is something else. I really don't think it's designed for oily skin. It just goes to show, MUA's will not necessarily give you the best advice. I'm determined not to waste this foundation so have been using it as a concealer.

Nars Sheer Matte Foundation in Siberia
I ordered this form the Nars website with high hopes. I have previously tried the Nars Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc which was too dark and only lasted a few hours. I was talked into buying this at Space NK, even though I told her I had oily skin.
Siberia has a slightly more yellow tome than the Bobbi Brown Alabaster, but I can still make it work. It's also oil free which is great for me.

Mixing
I'm a big fan of mixing foundations to get the right shade and consistency. I have a draw full of foundations that I have bought and then realised they are way too dark. I will be definitely be mixing the Illamasqua 115 to lighten other foundations.

I would love to hear about any other light foundations you have tried.

Much love

Pip xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment xx